FOREVER AND A DAY

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2nd

This coming Saturday marks our 2nd year together. Time passes soo fast. 2 years already? We started dating back in March '07 ... I still remember our very first date. I was sooo nervous! Heart was beating like mad. But looking at us now, I feel so contented that we've crossed paths :) We're extremely comfortable around each other. We burp, fart, scratch our asses etc in front of each other and won't feel a wee bit shy at all. There'll often be "ewwww?!" or lol-ing at each other hahaha. We're so alike (best: we both love sleeping and slacking a hell lot) and I love it.

So to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary in advance, we decided not to spend on gifts on each other, but rather, an expensive dinner to treat ourselves with. Turned out, it was an awesome treat. We made reservations at Halia Restaurant at Singapore Botanic Gardens after searching for good and romantic restaurants on Google. Then we chanced upon this site that rated Halia Restaurant as one of the top 10 most romantic restaurants. Granted, the ambience was soo lovely (al fresco dining of course!) and the food was superb. Food may be a little pricey (we paid $163 in total) but every penny is worth it because they serve quality food. More about the food when you scroll down!

Here's us in the lift before we head to SBG

Photobucket

@SBG!

Photobucket

Here we come, Halia!

Photobucket

Free flow of bread with olive oil for starters. But we only had one each because it was rather filling!

Photobucket

This appetizer was amazing!!! It's called Carbonara something something. The sauce is mmmmm...

Photobucket

Followed by Mushroom Soup! Ben knows how much I adore mushroom soup so he ordered that for me :) This was another great appetizer. There were slices of Shitake mushroom and it's ohsogood. Another good mushroom soup I love is from Marche btw!

Photobucket

His main course if called Rack of Lamb (Or something like that?). It was served with a small potato dish. We were like shocked that it came in such a small portion! But... It was worth the money 'cos the lamb was soo good. It was like chewy and you could taste a little of the blood (medium well!) which makes you go "mmmm" again and again. Quality food.. and it did make him feel quite full surprisingly! (He's a hugeee eater)

Photobucket

Mine was Cod Fish with broccoli and mushroom (and other stuff) served with Japanese rice. Delicious! The sauce was great and more importantly, the cod fish was fresh! Very soft and tasty...



Photobucket

Let me show you what I mean by "soft". This was taken with the last bit of Cod fish left! Look at how the cod fish is naturally divided into slices the moment you try to cut it with your spoon.

Photobucket

Waiting patiently for our dessert. (Btw, those glasses there are filled with a bottle of distilled water which costs us $9 hahaha we were idiots. The moment we sat down, they asked us if we wanted distilled water or something else.. I can't remember. But we had no clue that they were going to charge us 'cos it seemed like as if they were offering us for free like any other restaurant would!)

Photobucket

Chocolate Torte with vanilla ice-cream and sugar-coated strawberries... Wait... wait for it...

Photobucket

Dark Chocolate OOZES out when you get to the centre. HOLYMAAAMA it was so freaking delicious we both went "So good!!!" after every bite. This is a definite mustmustmust-try when you're there!

Photobucket

After having that chocolate orgasm/sugar rush, we were soo satisfied and went silly. Look at him! SOOO cute heheh

Photobucket

And that's me... I've got nothing to say hahaha. All in the picture.

Photobucket

In the midst of a slow walk back out.

(Rest of the pictures on FB!)

We had a wonderful evening together, one of the best and most memorial dinners we had together. Thanks babe, I love you. 2 years in and we're still madly in love with each other.

Now that he's confined in OCS for 2-3 weeks, I really miss him like hell. Over the past 2yrs+, I've grown to be so dependent on him. Just hope I can survive through this. Apparently, he told me I can visit him next Sunday with his parents? Hopefully! Just really looking forward to social night, comm's ball and his high salary now that he's in OCS hahahaha.

Okay, time to go! Glad I finally blogged haha till next time~~

1 comment:

Ben said...

Even though I'm a week late but i totally agree with your post yurr, 110% Happy 2 years again, I love you babay!